I installed phpMyAdmin in Ubuntu 9.04 via apt-get install phpmyadmin but when I type http://localhost/phpmyadmin in the address bar in my Internet Browser the page is not found? I have installed PHP, Apache2, mySql and have restarted Apache but still nothing happens when I type http://localhost/phpmyadmin.
- Create a symbolic link in /etc/apache2/conf.d that points to/etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf
- Files included in the /etc/apache2/conf.d/ directory are included as part of the Global Server Configuration and will load up everytime Apache loads
- Use the following command to create a symbolic link of apache.conf in the conf.d directory: sudo ln -s /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf /etc/apache2/conf.d
- sudo = execute command as root
- ln -s = command used to create a symbolic link
- Restart Apache with sudo service apache2 restart on the command line
- Enter the root password
- Open your browser
- Type in http://localhost/phpmyadmin
- phpMyAdmin should now load
Image Credits: Photo by Isis França on Unsplash.