- Launch GIMP
- Create a New Image (File->New Image)
- Select the Text Tool (T) and add some text with the size and colour you want.
- Right click on the Text Layer and select Layer to Image Size. This will resize the layer to the size of the image
- Then duplicate the layer
- Select the layer you have just duplicated.
- Next right click on the Text Layer and select Alpha to Selection
- Click on the Select menu item and select Grow
- Now select the Growth you want
- Select a Foreground color for the outline
- Click on the Edit menu item and select Fill with FG Color
- That is it, you have your outline text
How to add an outline to text in GIMP
24 sec read