- This can be obtained using the JFactory/getSession object
- Instantiate the getSession object
$session =& JFactory::getSession();
There are a couple of parameters that you can pass with this object. They are
- name – The session name
- id – Unique ID of the session
- expire – Expiry date and time
- security – Comma separated security options, have a look at JSession
- Now we set the session
$session->set( 'mySession', 'sessionValue' );
- We get the session variable as follows
$session->get( 'mySession' );
NOTE: For more information refer to the Joomla! API documentation.
Image Credits: Photo by Isis França on Unsplash.