How Can We Help?
How to set the default Email client or any other default application in Windows Vista
It’s easier to select default programs for Windows Vista than Windows XP. Windows Vista includes by default a Default Programs option in the Start Menu. We will show you how to select your Default Email client, but any other default applications can be set exactly the same way.
- Click on Start and then Default Programs
- Click on Set your default programs. This will be the first option on the page
- Now a new window will open
- On the left hand side of the screen select Microsoft Office Outlook or any other application that you wish to set as your default mail client.
- On the right hand side click on Set this program as default (By selecting this option the email client will be used to open all file types and protocols it can handle/open by default)
Alternatively you can select Choose defaults for this program (This lets you choose which file types and protocols the selected program should open)
After clicking on Choose defaults for this program the following window will open that allows you to choose your default file types and protocols
- Once done click on OK so that the changes could take effect.