- Open Control Panel
- Search for and open Administrative Tools
- Locate Computer Management and then Disk Management
- There will be a partition named Unknown Partition where the Linux Operating System has been installed
- Right Click on the partition and Delete Logical Drive
- After the Logical Drive has been deleted, format the deleted partition with the FAT32 filesystem so that Windows will recognize it.
After the above steps have been done, you will need to Restore the Master Boot Record. To restore the Master Boot Record you will need to execute the following DOS commands, you can either use your Windows XP boot disk to do this or the Command Prompt
- In DOS type c:\
- Type fdisk /mbr
If the above does not work you can use your Windows XP disc to run the Recovery Console
Image Credits: Photo by Isis França on Unsplash.