- Type in the following command in postgres using the command line:
copy products to ‘/home/user/products.csv’ delimiters ‘,’ CSV HEADER
- products = (Database Table)
- ‘/home/user/products.csv‘ = (Location where to save the csv file)
- You need to have write permissions to write the file to the filesystem with the postgres user
- CSV HEADER – This is the feature that let’s you export the table headings as well, please note that the HEADER argument has only been introduced in Postgres 8.1
How to import a CSV file into a postgresql?