Favicons are those little icons that usually are located next to the address bar on the right hand side of your Firefox webbrowser.
NOTE: Been tested and tried in Firefox 3.0.12 but should work in all different versions of Firefox.
- Open Firefox
- In the address bar type in the following ‘about:config‘ and hit enter
- Search for ‘browser.chrome‘ by using the filter option.
- Now two options will appear ‘browser.chrome.favicons‘ and ‘browser.chrome.site_icons‘
- Double click on each of these options to set them to false.
- Restart Firefox and no favicon will appear again.
Image Credits: Photo by Isis França on Unsplash.