How Can We Help?
How to disable favicons in Firefox
Favicons are those little icons that usually are located next to the address bar on the right hand side of your Firefox webbrowser.
NOTE: Been tested and tried in Firefox 3.0.12 but should work in all different versions of Firefox.
- Open Firefox
- In the address bar type in the following ‘about:config‘ and hit enter
- Search for ‘browser.chrome‘ by using the filter option.
- Now two options will appear ‘browser.chrome.favicons‘ and ‘browser.chrome.site_icons‘
- Double click on each of these options to set them to false.
- Restart Firefox and no favicon will appear again.