- There are 2 commands that can be used namely the ‘uptime‘ and ‘w‘ commands
- uptime = Shows how long Linux has been running, how many users are connected and then three system load averages.
- w = The w command gives a little bit more information.this could be useful if you have a busy system with lots of users connected.
- Open a new Terminal Session and type the uptime command. Your output will look similar to below
10:15:01 up 1:43, 4 users, load average: 1.10, 1.18, 1.23
- Open a new Terminal Session and type the w command. Your output will look similar to below
USER TTY FROM [email protected] IDLE JCPU PCPU WHAT
username tty7 :0 08:41 ? 5:46 0.28s x-session
username pts/0 :0.0 09:11 0.00s 0.10s 0.00s w
Image Credits: Photo by Isis França on Unsplash.