- The timezone that’s active on your system is stored in the file /etc/localtime
- First make a backup of the existing localtime file
mv /etc/localtime /etc/locatime.backup
- Now we create a link so that the timezone auto updates when updates come through
ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/Africa/Johannesburg /etc/localtime
- In the above change Africa/Johannesburg to the appropriate timezone you need to use
- To test this change run the following command and see if the timezone updated.
Image Credits: Photo by Isis França on Unsplash.