- Open Evolution
- Click on File and then Backup Settings
- Choose a destination where you wish to save the backup file and give the file a name
- Click on SAVE
- A popup window will appear asking you if you are sure to close Evolution since the backup process can only start if Evolution is not running. If you wish to restart Evolution after backup check the checkbox next to “Restart Evolution after backup” and click on Yes or you can also choose not to check the checkbox.
- After the backup process has been completed a backup file will appear in your chosen backup destination.
- In order to restore the backup file open Evolution and click on File and then Restore Settings
- Select your backup file and click on Open.
- Evolution will now attempt to restore your emails
Image Credits: Photo by Isis França on Unsplash.