- Open NetBeans IDE 6.9.1
- On the Main Toolbar select Tools->Options
- Click on Editor and then on the Code Templates tab
- Click on the New button to create a new Code Template
- Give it a Abbreviation and click OK
- In the Expanded Text tab type in your Code
- In the Description Tab give the Code a description
- In the Language Combo Box select the language for the Code Template
- Expand Template on: select Tab within the Combo Box (This will be used to auto-complete your Code Template)
- Click OK
To use your code snippet go to the Editor and type the exact Abbreviation for you Code Template and press the Tab key to auto-complete your code.
Image Credits: Photo by Isis França on Unsplash.