- First create a backup of your mail using Evolution by clicking on File->Backup Settings “This step is vitally important to prevent data loss”
- By using your file browser browse to the following directory/home/YOURUSERNAME/.evolution/mail/local
- Once in the local folder delete all files with the following extensions.
.ev-summaryVery important to not delete the files with the .data extension
- Restart Evolution
- Evolution will now attempt to re-create all indexes
- You should be able to delete the mails in the trash folder
Image Credits: Photo by Isis França on Unsplash.