The purpose of this meeting was to finalize the data-entry sections of the system by further describing functionality specifically on non-expedition semesters. Non-expeditions were discussed both as FSW / Winter term as well as other subject areas or strands of the curriculum delivered in parallel to expeditions. The majority of this meeting focused on refining prototype 3 further by improving the placement of FSW and winter semesters.
Users should be able to access and manage non-expedition First Six Weeks (FSW) and Winter Term data within the application.
- Refine home page / My EL to incorporate non-expedition subject areas, provide more meaningful ‘dashboard’ metrics.
- Redesign big ideas to include selections and rationale.
- Add standards and targets (the ST of STA) to final product.
- In case studies, rename products to summative and formative assessment and move beneath STA.
- Update STA to pull summative and formative assessment information into the assessment part of the grid.
- Remove ‘Resources’ from casestudy as a stand alone table and integrate with other sub-sections (add a resources column to the other tables).
- Add a non-expedition subject area for Maths – this will be the same as top level expeditions but with ‘optional’ data entry for all sub-sections.
- Add a new section for FSW – it should only include guiding questions, STA, formative and summative assessments and Habits.
- STA should incorporate Goals in FSW only.
Audio Recording of Meeting