This meeting focused on prototype 3 and refining the structural breakdown of expeditions and their sub-components. New terminology was introduced to describe the various elements of semester based expeditions and non-expeditions and certain elements were re-positioned within the data-entry screens.
- Users should be able to manage all sections of their expeditions within their grade level.
- They should also be able to align all elements of their expeditions to common core standards.
From the meeting, a number of changes / improvements were agreed upon for the current prototype:
- Change Big Ideas so that a drop-down selection is available to choose from a preset list (shown below). Add a ‘rationale’ field so teachers can indicate why a big idea was selected.
- Add ability to add Standards and Targets to the Final Product.
- In case studies, rename products to summative and formative assessments & move this directly under the STA table.
- In case studies, attachments / uploads should be embedded into the various sections.
These action items will be completed for the next sprint.
Audio Recording of Meeting
Image Credits: Photo by Isis França on Unsplash.