Information Technology professional with over ten years of experience in web development, instructional design, teaching in higher education and application development for government and private sector industries.
- Doctor of Science: Information and Interaction Design, University of Baltimore (Expected Graduation 2013)
- Master of Science: E-Learning: Interactive Teaching Technologies, University of Ulster, Northern Ireland, 2007
- Master of Business Administration: West Virginia Wesleyan College, Buckhannon, West Virginia, 2002
- Bachelor of Arts with Honors: Business with Computing, University of Ulster, Northern Ireland, 2000
ICF International, Bethesda, MD
- Technical project lead for the CREST National Science Foundation data collection system, which has involved management of development initiatives, overseeing yearly data collection processes and system enhancements.
- Develop, maintain and test code for a variety of ColdFusion and ASP.NET Model View Controller (MVC) SQL Server driven web applications for requirements changes, bug fixing, enhancements and rebuilds.
- Securing application code and bug fixes for publically facing websites in order to prevent intrusions, cross-site scripting, SQL injections and other forms of web attack.
- Back-end Transact-SQL development of stored procedures, views and functions for managing data, designing and building system-enforced data validations, and creating user-defined datasets for analyses and reports.
- Writing, updating and maintaining technical documentation for existing and proposed systems using the CMMI implementation of Quality and Process Improvement (QPI).
- Coordinating company training efforts and carrying out brown bag events onsite and via webinars for various computer applications.
University of Maryland University College, Adelphi, MD
[one_half]Adjunct Faculty[/one_half][one_half_last]05/2007 – Present[/one_half_last]
- Teach and provide instructional design for several undergraduate computer studies classes including web design, advanced applications and educational principles.
- Develop interactive learning objects including Camtasia and Captivate presentations, Wimba Classroom training materials, quizzes and other online teaching resources.
[one_half]Instructional Support Specialist[/one_half][one_half_last]03/2006 – 10/2007[/one_half_last]
- Instructional support consultant and lead for various graduate and undergraduate programs where faculty support, training, course design, and quality assurance were provided for online distance education programs.
- Carried out research work, which included pedagogical analysis of online learning tools and delivery methods involving a combination of managing focus groups, survey design and distribution, and data analysis.
- Provided teaching assistant for various graduate courses within the Instructional Technology program, which involved writing several web-based teaching resources for student web design tools.
- Assisted with planning, information architecture, development and deployment of departmental websites for the undergraduate school involving content inventories, card sorting, prototyping, and stakeholder meetings.
- Technical lead for the university’s graduate podcasting initiative, which involved software configuration, technical writing and documentation as well as implementation and training.
- Content manager for the graduate school website, which involved the redesign of web portals including UMUC’s 411 course for new students. Work involved updating legacy code, improving usability and content migration.
Freedom Bank, Belington, WV
[one_half]Information Technology Specialist / Project Manager[/one_half][one_half_last]09/2002 – 03/2006[/one_half_last]
- Coordinated and managed software support and training for employees on an ongoing basis which also involved designing employee training materials for different departmental positions within the bank.
- Created and developed a comprehensive web site through a process of prototyping, requirements analysis and approval and design of a usable and accessible interface.
- Contributed to the development of I.T. policies and security and provided technical writing.
- Created and maintained a web-driven internal organizational resource for marketing and strategic planning.
- Developed the annual marketing plan with the CEO approved by the strategic planning committee.
- Promoted local marketing initiatives, edited the customer newsletter and designed all print advertising material using Adobe Illustrator, including newspapers, event signs and brochures.
- Project lead for implementation of the Web@Work Content Management System (CMS), which involved defining user requirements with stakeholder expectations, content migration and training development.
West Virginia Wesleyan College, Buckhannon, WV
[one_half]Technical Support Engineer[/one_half][one_half_last]09/2000 – 09/2002[/one_half_last]
- Provided student and staff helpdesk support for applications, network connectivity and hardware issues.
- Managed student tutorial support for web development and design using Adobe applications.
- Provided assistance with repair and maintenance of campus telecoms and computer network problems.
- Coordinated timely software and hardware upgrades throughout the campus.
[divider]Short Term Contracts[/divider]
Marconi/Ericsson, Warrendale, PA
[one_half]Project Manager (MBA Internship)[/one_half][one_half_last]05/2001 – 08/2001[/one_half_last]
- Developed and implemented a web-driven digital dashboard that resulted in a management system providing real-time financial and call data to Marconi’s managed services department.
- Scheduled and held interviews with different I.T. managers to gain access to the database sources.
- Managed Microsoft SQL Server 2000 on a test environment to setup connections to the necessary Oracle data sources. Compiled data using Data Transformation Services and SQL.
- Presented the finished product to the managed services department after thorough testing and modification.
ITS Internet, Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Managed numerous customer accounts, domain names, and hosting packages maintained through Windows and Linux based web servers.
- Created, developed and maintained HTML, PHP, MySQL and Apache based websites using Macromedia Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Designed, developed and updated customer websites including implementation of e-commerce merchant accounts, script installations and marketing search submissions.
- Assisted in the design of marketing efforts and local newspaper advertisements, product design and delivery and other promotional activities.
- Member of the Information Architecture Institute
- Member of the Project Management Institute
[divider]Certifications and Other Training [/divider]
- Adobe Certified Expert Advanced ColdFusion
- Graduate Certificate Instructional Systems Design, University of Maryland Baltimore County
- Center for Teaching and Learning Advanced Faculty Development Workshop Certificate, UMUC
- Cybersecurity and Cyberspace, UMUC